Young children will learn all about the colors of the rainbow during these FREE virtual preschool circle time lessons. Each lesson includes a 30-minute video and an enrichment play pack. Be sure to print these bonus resources for ideas of ways to extend the play and learning at home.
During the lessons this week, children will practice the names of the colors, learn the ASL signs for each color, investigate color theory, learn about thunder and rainbows, and even have a little fun with monsters!
Virtual Preschool Circle Time Day 1 – Colors
On this first day, we will learn all about the colors of the rainbow. We will practice the ASL signs for each color and search for the Lucky Little Leprechaun!
- The Make a Rainbow pot felt board pieces are from Artfelt! Their products are very high quality and engaging for young learners.
- Play “Lucky Leprechaun” a hide & seek game to practice color recognition and rhyming.
- Sing “Everybody Clap” by Nancy Kopman.
- Bear Sees Colors by Karma Wilson and Jane Chapman (afflink)
Circle Time Day 2 – Color Theory
In this daily circle time video, we will talk all about primary colors and color theory. Children will discover what happens when colors are mixed to make secondary colors.
- The flannel board mice are from Artfelt Puppets. We love everything they make!
- Find the Best Playdough recipe HERE.
- “Mouse in the House” Hide & Seek Game (Free HERE)
- Songs by Children’s Music with Nancy Kopman. Find her YouTube channel HERE.
- The best “Colors” books for Preschoolers – list HERE.
Circle Time Day 3 – Rainbows
Day #3 daily circle time video all about rain, thunder, sunshine, and rainbows. Even after the loudest and scariest thunderstorm, the sun always shines again. Sometimes there’s even a beautiful, unexpected rainbow.
- Paper Towel Painting directions HERE.
- Letter “R” Hide & Seek game from this set of Alphabet Carpet Games.
- “Everybody Clap” and “Rainbow” Songs by Children’s Music with Nancy Kopman. Find her YouTube channel HERE.
- The Big Umbrella by Amy June Bates (afflink)
Virtual Preschool Day 4 – Monsters Love Colors
This circle time video is all about silly, colorful monsters. Monsters are not real, and they don’t have to be scary. Let’s learn all about some funny ones.
- Find more chip clip poems like the “Six Silly Monsters” HERE.
- Celebrate National Scribble Day HERE with Diane Alber.
- “Everybody Clap” song by Children’s Music with Nancy Kopman. Find her YouTube channel HERE.
- Eat Pete by Michael Rex (afflink)