Once Upon a Time…
Long ago, when Jamie White and Gemma Kenworthy were new moms and new friends, they had a wild idea to quit their jobs (teaching 2nd grade and nanny-ing) and open a preschool together. They had visited many local schools for their toddlers and just felt a tug in their hearts that they could provide exactly what their children needed– a space to grow, learn, explore, and PLAY!
They dreamt of working together, creating an amazing classroom space, and being home with their own kids. Play to Learn Preschool opened in September 2005 with eight young preschoolers (including Jamie and Gemma’s own children).
Over the years, as hundreds of local children have come through the doors to play and learn, the classroom has changed a bit. We have changed a bit… looking at you: gray hair, wrinkles, and sore backs! But one thing remains the same. We believe that children must have time and space to play. They need to Play to Learn.
Play to Learn Preschool Today…
Play to Learn Preschool has grown beyond our wildest dreams. Today, we spend our time:
Teaching in the Classroom
This is the best part of our jobs and the highlight of our day!
- Take a virtual classroom tour of our space.
- We register local (Leesburg, VA) students each February to attend the following school year. Preference is given to current students, siblings, and siblings of alums/previous students.
- Because there is only space for 10 students each year, we very rarely have openings for new families. If you are local and want to get on the waiting list to be notified when registration opens, you can fill out the Interest Form HERE.
Providing Virtual Preschool
When schools shut down in March of 2020, we started providing Virtual Preschool online to children around the world. Thousands of students have become part of the Play to Learn Virtual Preschool family since then, and our hearts explode just thinking about what an amazing opportunity it is to be your teacher! (Also, Betsy Blackbird appreciates all the extra birdseed. She thinks Virtual Preschool is the best thing that ever happened to her too!)
- Virtual Preschool was featured on NBC News!
- Parents who homeschool their preschoolers, families who need daily enrichment opportunities for their preschoolers, and families who are in need of an online, on-demand, virtual learning opportunity can enroll today.
Supporting Preschool Teachers
Preschool teachers are our people! You have one of the most challenging, most important jobs in the world, and we think YOU ROCK! Our website is full of activity ideas, photos of our classroom and centers, and tons of printable resources. We have one goal– to help make your job easier!
- Do you need art ideas and inspiration? Click HERE.
- Are you trying to set up an amazing dramatic play center? Click HERE.
- Looking for hands-on centers and activities for your students? Click HERE.
- Would you like help planning your thematic units? Click HERE.
- Join our private Facebook Group. It’s like a virtual teachers’ lounge!
- Are you shopping for curriculum resources, done-for-you unit plans, literacy centers, name worksheets, or more? We have you covered. Our Preschool Teachers Shop has everything you need!
Please join us on social media, sign up for our emails, and feel free to leave us a comment.
We love hearing from you!