With the holidays, of course, come Christmas trees. Many children enjoy the tradition at home, but of course, it’s usually only a one-day affair. The light table is an endless source of fascination for young learners – and who can blame them? The beauty of the light shining through different materials is a highly successful way for children to express their creative side. These light table Christmas trees combine both! This activity allows students a chance to relive that wonderful family activity over and over again while sneaking in some fine motor skills as well!
Supplies Needed for Light Table Christmas Trees:
The supply list for this activity is nice and short, and other than the table itself, inexpensive as well!
- A light table or tabletop lightbox
- translucent pony beads or table scatter
- green tissue paper, printer paper, or a green plastic folder
- Small, clear plastic bowls or cups to hold the materials
Check out this Resource from my Shop!
Christmas Preschool Unit for Circle Time$10.00
This Christmas Preschool Unit has 10 complete circle time lessons about the Christmas season for preschool students. Ten days of complete lesson plans and centers are in this thematic unit to make planning and teaching a breeze!
- 10 circle time lessons
- 10 math, literacy, & fine motor centers
The unit is full of Santa and reindeer activities. It is meant for a of Christmas.
FREE Winter Bundle!
Enjoy Free Winter resources perfect for the season!
After you subscribe, you will be redirected to the FREE Winter bundle. We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Ready, Set, DECORATE!
Not much introduction is necessary for this activity, but it might be good to discuss holiday traditions in circle time. Encourage students to be creative while decorating their trees. It is a breeze to modify this center to focus on different skills as well.
- Fine motor practice? Add some tweezers to move the decorations to the trees.
- Working on patterns? Encourage students to make different kinds of repeating patterns on their trees!
- Looking for a shape review? Make the trees from individual triangles and rectangles, like a tangram.
No matter how the class uses it, the light table Christmas tree center is bound to be a seasonal favorite.
Looking for more Christmas activities?
Enjoy some seasonal sensory play with this Christmas Slime!
Need detailed Circle Time lesson plans? This Christmas Preschool Unit will make teaching and planning in December a breeze.