These Halloween themed ideas are all treats and no tricks! Whether you are planning a classroom party or looking for a few ideas to make the day special at home, there are plenty of great ideas for everyone!
Halloween Center Ideas
- Halloween Bead Towers – great for fine motor practice!
- Halloween Writing Trays – Add a witchy finger for extra Halloween fun!
- Easy Jack-O-Lanterns – Shape practice with a seasonal twist!
- 15 Fun Mini-Eraser Ideas from our friends at Fun-a-Day
- Older children will love the Halloween Ten Frame cards from Where Imagination Grows
- Students can count on these Pumpkin Counting Mats making math fun!
Science and Sensory Ideas
Spooky science and sensory centers just beg to be explored – and engross children for an eerily long time!
- Still Playing School has a fantastic themed sensory bin for a great book!
- Children become “attached” to the idea of this sticky table from our friends at Fun-a-Day.
- Always a classic, while pumpkins are available, don’t miss a chance to have a pumpkin exploration center!
- Autumn Harvest play dough will make the classroom smell amazing while keeping little fingers busy!
Getting (Witch) Crafty
Whether it’s making decorations for a classroom party or to hang on the fridge at home, these creepy crafts delight students and adults alike!
- Check out this list of 5-minute crafts from How We Learn – perfect for party centers!
- This super easy and sweet Jack-O-Lantern will put a smile on student’s faces! From our friends at Fireflies and Mudpies.
- AndNextComesL brings some not-so-spooky window art to decorate the windows!
Planning a Party?
Even if things look a little different this year, everyone loves a party! Here are some fun ideas to help bring the Happy into your Halloween!
- One Sharp Bunch has an entire list of wonderful party ideas.
- Every party needs some great music! Thanks to our friends at Preschool Inspirations, here’s a playlist that keeps all the boys and ghouls dancing!
When you are winding down or catching a breath between activities, here is a list of books that will enchant children and adults alike!
No Halloween? No Problem!
Not every school and family celebrate Halloween – but that’s no reason to skip out on the fun. Here are some fun fall activities to celebrate this time of the year!
- Apple Cinnamon Play Dough – smells just like fall! This sweet and spicy dough recipe is great with the next item on the list…
- Apple Play Dough Tray – make the play dough center irresistible with these fun additions!
- Apple Counting Mats are a great way to work in some math while having fun!
- Fall Sensory Bins – Some more wonderful sensory bin ideas.
- Preschool Circle Time Activities for Fall – An entire unit on fall!
- Autumn Trees on the Light Table – a beautiful, calming center that lights up the faces of students.