These Halloween themed ideas are all treats and no tricks! Whether you are planning a classroom party or looking for a few ideas to make the day special at home, there are plenty of great ideas for everyone!
Check out this Resource from my Shop!
Halloween Preschool Unit$5.00
No tricks, just treats with this HALLOWEEN thematic mini-unit. Each day includes engaging activities to help you teach your preschool students about the Halloween holiday. This mini-unit includes 5 days of complete lesson plans as well as additional literacy and math centers. All the work is done for you!
Halloween Center Ideas
- Halloween Bead Towers – great for fine motor practice!
This variation on the Halloween Bead Towers is really engaging! Provide a decorative Halloween tree (like this one from the craft store), pipe cleaners, and beads. Invite the students to decorate the tree!
- Easy Jack-O-Lanterns – Shape practice with a seasonal twist!
- 15 Fun Mini-Eraser Ideas from our friends at Fun-a-Day
- Older children will love the Halloween Ten Frame cards from Where Imagination Grows
- Students can count on these Pumpkin Counting Mats making math fun!
- Halloween Writing Trays – Add a witchy finger for extra Halloween fun!
Vase fillers (or “table scatter”) are the perfect little manipulatives for the holidays. They come in different colors, shapes, and designs and they look amazing on the light table! Students can sort them or make patterns with them.
Science and Sensory Ideas
Spooky science and sensory centers just beg to be explored – and engross children for an eerily long time!
- Still Playing School has a fantastic themed sensory bin for a great book!
- Children become “attached” to the idea of this sticky table from our friends at Fun-a-Day.
- Always a classic, while pumpkins are available, don’t miss a chance to have a pumpkin exploration center!
- Autumn Harvest play dough will make the classroom smell amazing while keeping little fingers busy!
Place pumpkin shapes into a page protector and tape them to the wall or magnet board. Students can practice writing the words with a dry erase marker!
FREE Halloween Bundle!
Enjoy Free Halloween resources perfect for the season!
After you subscribe, you will be redirected to the FREE Halloween bundle. We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Getting (Witch) Crafty
Whether it’s making decorations for a classroom party or to hang on the fridge at home, these creepy crafts delight students and adults alike!
- Check out this list of 5-minute crafts from How We Learn – perfect for party centers!
- This super easy and sweet Jack-O-Lantern will put a smile on student’s faces! From our friends at Fireflies and Mudpies.
- AndNextComesL brings some not-so-spooky window art to decorate the windows!
Planning a Party?
Even if things look a little different this year, everyone loves a party! Here are some fun ideas to help bring the Happy into your Halloween!
- One Sharp Bunch has an entire list of wonderful party ideas.
- Every party needs some great music! Thanks to our friends at Preschool Inspirations, here’s a playlist that keeps all the boys and ghouls dancing!
When you are winding down or catching a breath between activities, here is a list of books that will enchant children and adults alike!
No Halloween? No Problem!
Not every school and family celebrate Halloween – but that’s no reason to skip out on the fun. Here are some fun fall activities to celebrate this time of the year!
- Apple Cinnamon Play Dough – smells just like fall! This sweet and spicy dough recipe is great with the next item on the list…
- Apple Play Dough Tray – Make the play dough center irresistible with these fun additions!
- Apple Counting Mats are a great way to work in some math while having fun!
- Fall Sensory Bins – Some more wonderful sensory bin ideas.
- Preschool Circle Time Activities for Fall – An entire unit on fall!
- Autumn Trees on the Light Table – a beautiful, calming center that lights up the faces of students.
Be sure to check out the Halloween Mini Unit!