Students will shoot for the stars with this galaxy play dough! Sparkly, mysterious, and lots of fun, this dough is easy to make, easy to accessorize, and pretty “universal!”
It takes just a few simple ingredients, the best play dough recipe ever, and about 10 minutes to make the most amazing galaxy play dough for a sensory experience that makes students’ eyes twinkle like the stars.
This Galaxy Play Dough Recipe is Out of this World!
To make this amazing sparkly dough, only a few ingredients are necessary.
- Start with the BEST Play Dough Recipe Ever (see below)
- Add black liquid watercolor or black gel food coloring
- Finish it off with some sparkly star glitter
It’s as easy as that! Easy, beautiful, sparkly galaxy play dough for little fingers to enjoy!
FREE Play Dough Recipe Book!
Play Dough is the perfect tool for developing the hand strength and fine motor muscles necessary before young children are able to write!
After you subscribe, you will be redirected to the FREE Play Dough Book. We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
It’s a Small World (or Worlds!)
While galaxy dough is fun all by itself, adding extras will encourage students to stretch their imaginations through small world play. Small world play is just as it sounds. Children use miniature toys for reenacting situations or for playing out imaginary scenarios. For example, a dollhouse is one method of small world play.
Some Space Small World Ideas
- Erasers shaped like planets or stars
- Star shaped pony beads
- Cupcake toppers (flags, rockets, or more!)
- Mini astronaut figurines
- Tiny aliens!
- small rocks
Use a variety of items – even “found” items are perfect to help entice their imaginations. Organize the pieces in a dollar store party tray. The tray corrals the pieces, keeps them separate, and is attractive to preschoolers throughout the day. It also is a great sorting activity at clean-up time!
The Benefits of Play Dough
Play dough is more than just a fun way to keep young children occupied and entertained. Children playing with the dough can get so much more out of it than just fun! (More about that here!)
- Fine Motor Strength – Pushing, pulling, and manipulating the dough builds those small muscles with big jobs!
- Sensory Stimulation – Play dough is soothing to many students and great for tactile learners.
- Math – It is easy to incorporate counting, capacity, and size conversations into play dough center play!
- Language – Children practice some of BIG vocabulary words during conversations with peers.
- Social-Emotional Learning – Sensory play is HUGE when it comes to self-regulation and managing impulsivity.
This galaxy play dough is great any time, but particularly good with a unit on Outer Space! It’s also fantastic when learning about the sky, and would be a hit at Halloween too. No matter when it’s used, this play dough recipe definitely reaches new heights!
Check Out this Outer Space Unit!
Outer Space Preschool Unit$12.00
Preschoolers will learn all about OUTER SPACE in this thematic unit that has 10 complete circle time lessons to make your planning and teaching out of this world!