Children are filled with natural curiosity. Sometimes, however, circumstances aren’t great for adventuring out past your own yard. There are many ways to allow your little explorers to virtually experience things they might not get a chance to see otherwise. Virtual learning to the rescue!
Preschool of the Future…right now!
Sometimes life doesn’t go quite as planned. Some families find that in-person school just isn’t a possibility. Homeschooling is an option, but what if the parents don’t have the time, energy, or resources to do this?
Virtual Preschool is an amazing way for young children to get the “preschool experience” from the comfort, safety, and convenience of their own homes. Whether a child is learning from home, needs supplemental activities, or plans are completely up-in-the-air, there is a Virtual Preschool program that offers consistent, high-quality lessons every day. The program is best suited for ages 3-5, but fun for all!
FREE Virtual Preschool Sample Week!
Subscribe to get a full week of Circle Time video lessons, full of Alphabet Fun!
After you subscribe, you will be redirected to the FREE SAMPLE week of Virtual Preschool. We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
More Virtual Learning Resources
Virtual Field Trips for the Adventurer:
- Put on an astronaut helmet and explore the surface of Mars on the Curiosity Rover.
- Live video of the National Zoo to the Smithsonian Learning Lab
- This educational website hosted by the Smithsonian Museum takes a deep dive into ocean life.
- Tons of science experiments that you can do at home.
- Visit the zoo that houses the famous hippo, Fiona! Click here for the Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden
Virtual Story Time For the Bookworms
- Explore the world of the Pigeon, Elephant, and Piggy on the author, Mo Willem’s website! Visit here to watch all of Mo’s videos, find activity sheets to print out & follow along, and more!
- Free stories online ages 3-12
- Novel Effect makes storytime a little more fun for kids (and grown-ups too!) As you read aloud from print books (or ebooks!), music, sound effects, and character voices play at just the right moment, adjusting and responding to your voice.
- Stories read by celebrities: https://www.storylineonline.net/
Fine Arts For the Creative Souls
- Crafts, activities, mazes, dot to dot, and more. https://www.allkidsnetwork.com/
- A large selection of fun songs to help teach preschool and kindergarten students. https://www.songsforteaching.com/preschoolkindergarten.htm
- Crafts, projects, science, recipes for young children https://www.funology.com/
For the Movers and Shakers
- Indoor Activities for busy toddlers
- Movement and mindfulness videos created by child development experts. https://www.gonoodle.com/
- Free at-home kids yoga lesson plans https://littletwistersyoga.com/online-store/
And of course, don’t forget the original Virtual Preschool!
Don’t forget Virtual Circle time with Play to Learn Preschool!
When it isn’t possible to visit these places in person, these websites help bring the learning experiences safely to the home. So if it’s for a rainy day, stuck home with the sniffles, or just for fun on a weekend, the learning doesn’t have to stop. Snuggle up in your favorite pajamas and enjoy!