Many young children struggle to know how to GREET their teachers and friends. It is especially difficult for students with developmental and speech delays. Use these posters, and the take-home little books, to teach and reinforce the process of greeting each other each day.
This routine will teach them to choose 1 of 4 options for saying, “Hello!”:
- Hug or Pat on the back
- High Five
- Hand Shake and Smile
- Wave and say, “Hello!”
The text of the posters reads: How to Greet a Friend
- When we get to school in the morning we should greet our friends.
- Our friends and teachers are happy to see us.
- There are different ways to greet people. We can give them a hug or pat them on the back.
- We can give a high-five.
- We can shake hands and smile.
- We can wave and say “Hello!”
- Our friends feel happy when we greet them.
Young children will benefit from these visual aids: 8 Full-Color Resource Posters
- Use these as a lesson during circle time, hang them in the classroom as a visual reminder, or bind them into a handy classroom book.
Black & White Student Mini-Books
- Copy these for each child. (There are 2 per page. Collate, staple, and cut!)
- Students can color the pictures and take the book home for extra reinforcement!