Teaching young children how to be good, active LISTENERS is key! Use this resource to help students understand what they need to do with their eyes, ears, bodies, and hands while at circle time.
The text of the posters reads: How to Be a Good Listener
- When it is circle time, we sit on the carpet. We are good listeners!
- We sit without touching other people.
- We look toward the person who is talking.
- When it is story time, we look at the book and listen to the story.
- Our lips stay quiet until it is our turn to talk.
- We raise our hands when we want to say something.
- We know how to be good listeners!
Young children will benefit from these visual aids: 8 Full-Color Resource Posters
- Use these as a lesson during circle time, hang them in the classroom as a visual reminder, or bind them into a handy classroom book.
Black & White Student Mini-Books
- Copy these for each child. (There are 2 per page. Collate, staple, and cut!)
- Students can color the pictures and take the book home for extra reinforcement!