When setting up a special thematic dramatic play center, like this Hospital, always look for ways to incorporate extra literacy elements. A clipboard with paper and a pen, small notebooks, an eye chart…all are great additions. Adding magazines, newspapers and catalogs make a dramatic play center feel more “real world” to students with budding imaginations. One of the most important literacy tools is a collection of appropriately aged books. Having a special section with books related to the theme help build interest and give students a greater knowledge base to draw from when they play. Here are some great preschool doctor books to include in the book nook or in the dramatic play center waiting room!
- Bear Feels Sick by Karma Wilson
- A Bad Case of Stripes by David Shannon
- Arthur’s Chicken Pox by Marc Brown
- Llama Llama Home with Mama by Anna Dewdney
- Here are my Hands by Bill Martin, Jr.
- Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes
- How do Dinosaurs Get Well Soon? by Jane Yolen
- My Trip to the Hospital by Mercer Mayer
- From Head to Toe by Eric Carle
- Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed by Eileen Christelow
- Franklin Goes to the Hospital by Paulette Bourgeois
- A Day in the Life of a Doctor by Heather Adamson
- A Day in the Life of a Nurse by Connie Fluet
- Going to the Doctor by Anne Civardi
- The Human Body by Scholastic
- Germs are not for Sharing by Elizabeth Verdick
- Me and My Senses by Joan Sweeney
- Hear your Heart by Paul Showers
- Me and My Amazing Body by Joan Sweeney
- What’s Inside My Body? by Angela Royston
- My Body by Patty Caratello
Hopefully, adding these preschool doctor books to the dramatic play center makes everyone feel “all better!”
Check out this Resource from my Shop!
Community Helpers Preschool Unit$10.00
This Community Helpers Preschool Unit has everything you need to teach your preschool students about all of the people who work in their community. The unit includes 10 full days of lesson plans for circle time as well as additional literacy and math centers. Everything you need for a complete “Community Helpers” unit is done for you!
- 10 detailed Circle Time lessons
- 10 math, literacy, & fine motor centers
- 1 Emergent reader book
- Super safety certificates
- Book Recommendations
FREE Book Lists for every theme!
The absolute best thing we can do for our preschoolers is read to them every single day. It is the #1 most important factor in school readiness.
After you subscribe, you will be redirected to the FREE Book Lists. We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.