1. Water Beads Calm Down Bottle
How to make this Calm Down Bottle
- The 1 ingredient in this bottle is a cup of ocean colored water beads. (Available HERE.) These beads are tiny and come in a very small bag. Just soak them overnight in water and watch them expand.
- Put the soaked beads into a Voss water bottle (available at most grocery stores or HERE) with a little bit of water.
- The awesome thing about this bottle is that the beads in the water blend right in to create a colored water effect. The beads out of the water are more visible.
2. Rainbow Loom Band Bottle
Please tell me that I am not the only one who still has thousands of these all over her house! Pick up a few and put them in a bottle of water. They are slow sinkers and dance around in a neat pattern when you shake and swirl the bottle.
3. Magnetic Calm Down Bottle
Kids will be attracted to this bottle right away! Just fill a bottle with paper clips and water. (Note that the clips will eventually rust. If you want to create a permanent, rust-free bottle, be sure to follow THIS handy tip.)
Add a magnetic wand to the center, and let the kids explore.
4. Pony Beads Bottle
Easy-peasy! Add clear pony beads to your discovery bottle. The kids can shake them, swirl them, flip them upside down, and watch the beads as they move through the water.
ETA: Thanks for all the great feedback and comments about these bottles! We love them too. To answer some concerns:
- The Voss bottles that I buy here in the US are only plastic. I’ve never seen a glass water bottle and certainly would never use glass with an upset preschooler!
- The bottles here in the US also have a peel-able thin plastic label. It comes right off. Some readers have mentioned that their bottles have print right on them. Yikes! I would try a drop of lemon oil or Goo-Gone. That should take the print off.
Thanks again for reading! I hope you find ideas that will work with your kiddos. ~Jamie
If you’re looking for more Calm Down Bottle ideas, be sure to check out these posts:
FREE Curriculum Catalog!
This wonderful catalog gives you information on each of the thematic units.
After you subscribe, you will be redirected to the FREE Catalog. We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.