Make learning fun with this Fall Bulletin Board for Preschoolers!
It’s easy to “fall” in love with this Fall interactive bulletin board! Preschoolers will reinforce their knowledge of colors, practice sorting, and learn about fall leaves – without taking up an inch of precious floor space. It’s also a beautiful display when not in use, so be prepared to “rake” in the compliments!
- Brown cardstock or paper
- Colored felt
- Leaves (Make your own or buy some here!)
- Our free printable and clipboards for charting.
How to Assemble the Bulletin Board
- First, cut out some tree trunk shapes from the cardstock. You can cut them out by hand or use a tool like a Silhouette Cameo. Staple them to the bulletin board.
- Label each with tree trunk of the colors of felt. Always look for ways to incorporate literacy and language into each learning center. Be sure to leave plenty of space between tree trunks to avoid overlap when you add the tops!
- Next, cut out some cloud-like shapes of the different colors of felt and top the trees off. Staple the felt treetops on top of the trunks.
- Finally, supply the leaves in a small basket.
- If the students are using clipboards, a shower caddy from the dollar store can be a nice storage bin for clipboards, pencils, and leaves all in one handy bin.
What are students learning?
The interactive bulletin board is a great way for students to learn independently. The teacher can prompt children to match the leaves to the right tree while discussing the color names. Students can be asked to put leaves on the tree and then count them, total them, and older children can also record their colors and colors words on this free sheet.
Print the fall bulletin board recording sheets HERE.
Looking for more leaf activities to go with this fall bulletin board?
Try reading some of our favorite books about fall!
Decorate your walls with these amazing magazine leaf pictures!
Pin this Fall Bulletin Board for Preschoolers for later…
Subscribe to receive a FREE dramatic play printable set, as well as our latest content by email.