Absolutely breathtaking!! It was our first time there, and if you haven’t visited (or you haven’t added it to your bucket list), here are 10 reasons you should:
1. The scenery. The sky is so big, and the colors are stunning! Just check out this snapshot from my camera. Hello!
2. There’s something so sacred about being in a place that is virtually untouched by mankind. These pictures are all from the South Rim which is an easy drive from Vegas, Phoenix, Sedona and Flagstaff. The Canyon is 10 miles across, but a 250+ mile drive around to get to the North Rim.
4. There are lots of hiking trails. We ventured onto the Bright Angel Trail, which is a fairly easy walk at the beginning. It’s about 9 windy miles all the way to the bottom, though. We only went a mile or so!
8. In the early 1900’s the Grand Canyon attracted some of the country’s most discriminating travelers. This beautiful hotel (El Tovar) features beautiful architecture is is located just a few steps from the rim. We ate lunch (and dessert!) there and it was delish!
9. There are lots of ways to travel the rim of the canyon. The park service offers free shuttle bus stops all along the rim. Many people walk the trails, and we chose to take a bike tour. Amazing!
10. The view. Did I already mention the view?? It’s unlike anything I have ever seen before.
That’s the end of our vacation photos– I promise! As soon as August starts back up, my brain goes into school mode. But, wow, it sure is nice to take a break and recharge. Thanks for humoring me!!