When we set up a special thematic dramatic play center, like our recent Hospital, we always look for ways to incorporate lots of literacy elements. Reading about a place or a scenario gives our preschoolers lots of ideas to incorporate into their play. These are our favorite Doctor Books. You will find them in the book nook while the hospital is set up!
- Bear Feels Sick by Karma Wilson
- A Bad Case of Stripes by David Shannon
- Arthur’s Chicken Pox by Marc Brown
- Llama Llama Home with Mama by Anna Dewdney
- Here are my Hands by Bill Martin, Jr.
- Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes
- How do Dinosaurs Get Well Soon? by Jane Yolen
- My Trip to the Hospital by Mercer Mayer
- From Head to Toe by Eric Carle
- Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed by Eileen Christelow
- Franklin Goes to the Hospital by Paulette Bourgeois
- A Day in the Life of a Doctor by Heather Adamson
- A Day in the Life of a Nurse by Connie Fluet
- Going to the Doctor by Anne Civardi
- The Human Body by Scholastic
- Germs are not for Sharing by Elizabeth Verdick
- Me and My Senses by Joan Sweeney
- Hear your Heart by Paul Showers
- Me and My Amazing Body by Joan Sweeney
- What’s Inside My Body? by Angela Royston
- My Body by Patty Caratello
What are your favorite Doctor Books?
How do you incorporate literature into the different areas of your room? Leave a comment with your ideas!